22 May 2017 2pm-4pm
Meet at RAF Kenley Tribute
We would like to invite all our volunteers to come along and meet staff members and other volunteers that are helping with the Kenley Revival Project. We will be taking a walk around the airfield to introduce our Sky Heroes event on the 10 September 2017 and explain what we have planned around the airfield for what is setting up to be an engaging and immersive public event and how you can get involved. Please bring outdoor clothing and appropriate footwear in case of bad weather!
WWII family tour and display
27 May 2017 10am-12pm
Join us on an interactive and engaging WWII tour of the airfield. Get ready for dressing up in original uniform, sounding the air raid siren and exploring our air raid shelter! At the end of the tour we will have original and replica artefacts to explore and activities for children. Please confirm your attendance by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
26-30 June 2017
~ NOW FULLY BOOKED ~
Our free annual Learning Festival invites primary and secondary school students to take part in WWII and STEM learning activities and workshops on site at Britain’s best preserved fighter airfield.
This unique setting allows learners to complement their classroom learning in History and STEM with hand-on activities, engages them with WWII heritage and offers the opportunity to explore their local green spaces on our unique site; where Churchill himself learnt to fly!
Based around the national curriculum, we invite you to;
- Explore life size replica WWII aircraft
- Learn about Bloodhound SSC (creators of the land speed record breaking car) by getting stuck in with their interactive, educational replica to teach learners about aerodynamics, forces and propulsion
- Listen to WWII re-enactors who will be offering interactive handling sessions with original WWII artefacts and demonstrations about roles on the airfield in WW2 such as; the Operations room experience and life as an RAF Pilot.
- Walk around our WWII outdoor exhibition
- Go on an adventure around the commons to learn about Kenley’s bio-diversity through activities and tours with our on-site rangers
- Take part in your own Battle of Britain re-enactments with our WWII tours of the airfield
- Create your own WWII poster workshop
For more information please contact our Education Officer email@example.com
Sky Heroes Day
10 September 2017 12pm-5pm
Join us for the annual big event on the airfield. This year is Sky Heroes Day – the biggest event in the lifetime of the project. Everyone welcome!
Come and experience RAF Kenley’s significant Battle of Britain history with activities for the whole family to enjoy.
Information about the day including what attractions and activities we will have on offer will be updated closer to the time. In the meantime sign up to our newsletter to be kept up to date.