Learning Festival 26-30 June 2017
26 June-30 June 2017
10 am-3.30pm daily
Kenley airfield and common
~ NOW FULLY BOOKED ~
Our free annual Learning Festival invites primary and secondary school students to take part in WW2 and STEM learning activities and workshops on site at Britain’s best preserved fighter airfield.
This unique setting allows learners to complement their classroom learning in History and STEM with hand-on activities, engages them with WW2 heritage and offers the opportunity to explore their local green spaces on our unique site; where Churchill himself learnt to fly!
Based around the national curriculum, we invite you to;
- Explore life size replica WW2 aircraft
- Learn about Bloodhound SSC (creators of the land speed record breaking car) by getting stuck in with their interactive, educational replica to teach learners about aerodynamics, forces and propulsion
- Listen to WW2 re-enactors who will be offering interactive handling sessions with original WW2 artefacts and demonstrations about roles on the airfield in WW2 such as; the Operations room experience and life as an RAF Pilot.
- Walk around our WW2 outdoor exhibition
- Go on an adventure around the commons to learn about Kenley’s bio-diversity through activities and tours with our on-site rangers
- Take part in your own Battle of Britain re-enactments with our WW2 tours of the airfield
- Create your own WW2 poster workshop
For more information please contact our Education Officer email@example.com
If you were unable to book on to this year’s festival; take a look at our education programme which includes online resources, school assemblies, WW2 and nature workshops on-site and in your school, INSET sessions for staff and on-site and WW2 and nature tours.